A Blog with a Purpose

I started this blog with the intention of making a good shared recipe site. These are all recipes which I have found, cooked, ate and loved (also that my 2 going on 3 picky eaters loved as well: my husband, 6 yr old son and 3 month old daughter). So give them a try and feel free to leave comments on the recipes as well and share this page with your friends. Enjoy - Kenni Holland

Cream of Potato & Cheddar Soup

I got this recipe from the taste of home and figured I'd give it a try. I was so glad that I did! It was EXCELLENT! It calls for celery on the website but I didn't use it and it didn't need the additional toppings I thought. But you do what you like :)

Cream of Potato & Cheddar Soup



8 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 lrg red onion, chopped
2 (14.5oz) chicken broth
1 (10.5oz) can of cream of celery soup
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. white pepper (you can use black i think this was just for the overall look of the soup)
1 1/2 c. (6 oz)  shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 c. half and half cream

Combine first 6 ingredients in a 4 qt. slow cooker.Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream and cheese and cook 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.



No comments: