A Blog with a Purpose

I started this blog with the intention of making a good shared recipe site. These are all recipes which I have found, cooked, ate and loved (also that my 2 going on 3 picky eaters loved as well: my husband, 6 yr old son and 3 month old daughter). So give them a try and feel free to leave comments on the recipes as well and share this page with your friends. Enjoy - Kenni Holland

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Tenderloin

My husband doesn't usually care for pork tenderloin. Until he had THIS! Thank God for that too because I always am able to find them discounted when they are going out of date. This is super easy and stress free. Will post a pic soon. This makes enough for 2 days with our small family. I am making BBQ sandwiches with coleslaw tomorrow night for dinner.

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Tenderloin

1 mesquite pork tenderloin (Smithfield makes them but i guess you could use a regular one and marinate over night in mesquite marinade)
1 small onion sliced
1/2c. Coke-Cola
2 cloves garlic or 2 tbsp fresh minced garlic

Place pork tenderloin in bottom of slow cooker. Don't cut it just bend it around to fit. Top with garlic, sliced onion and Coke-Cola. (I squirted some of my fave BBQ sauce over it about 1/4 cup just for good measure but that isn't necessary). Cook on low for 6-7 hours. When serving pull it apart like chopped BBQ and serve either with vinegar based BBQ sauce for a south eastern flair or top it with your favorite sweet BBQ sauce for a western flair. I served it with sauteed squash and onions and corn on the cob.

No comments: