A Blog with a Purpose

I started this blog with the intention of making a good shared recipe site. These are all recipes which I have found, cooked, ate and loved (also that my 2 going on 3 picky eaters loved as well: my husband, 6 yr old son and 3 month old daughter). So give them a try and feel free to leave comments on the recipes as well and share this page with your friends. Enjoy - Kenni Holland

Tuna Zucchini Cakes

Okay, so if your kids likes fish sticks then they will probably eat this. My kid loves anything that comes in patty form. You take any kind of ground meat and shape it up to look like a hamburger he will eat it. Guess I'm lucky. This isn't the healthiest meal, since it is fried, but it does have veggies snuck in. My fam gave it an A+ I served it with pasta salad and creamed corn (all we had so not the best grouping LOL) they dipped it in ketchup but would probably be good with any fish sauce.

Tuna Zucchini Cakes


1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1 tbsp. butter
1 can (6.5oz) light water packed tuna, drained and flaked
1 c. shredded zucchini
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tbsp of dried parsley (or you can use 1/3 c fresh minced)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs, divided ( I used plain but you can experiment or take your favorite flavored crackers and beat the crap out of them in a ziploc bag)
2 tbsp vegetable oil


In a small saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Remove from heat. Add the tuna, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, seasoning, and 1/2 c. bread crumbs. Mix well. Shape into patties and coat in remaining bread crumbs (they will be delicate so you may want to move them using a spatula). In a large skillet, heat oil on medium, cook the patties for 3 min on each side or until gold brown.

No comments: